One of the many things we love about living in Baltimore is the wide array of sports – everything from Preakness to Orioles magic to professional soccer, even a few runs of the Grand Prix. As I write this, I’m sitting with my boys watching a pre-season Ravens game. Obviously I’m not the football fan in this family. But I’m willing to make the sacrifice of a few hours out of a rainy Saturday evening for J, T and their dad to spend some quality time together. J starts his junior year of high school in a few days and is, each time I see him, that much closer to becoming the man we’d hoped him to be – kind, compassionate, hard working. And to see T emulate him, cheering on the good plays, shouting encouragement on the bad, makesi me proud for the part I’ve had in raising someone who’ll be another strong role model for T. Just one more reason that, for us, sports matter.
- RT @BaltimoreFire: The #BCFD Youth Fire & Life Safety Summer Camp returns this summer for kids ages 8-16 for a week-long learning opportuni… 1 month ago
- RT @MDMEMA: **PLEASE RETWEET** If you are in the downtown Ellicott City area or know of family/friends who live there: Please AVOID the dow… 1 month ago
- Having a great day, not hating my job and really appreciating the fact that I can #workfromhome. I haven't actually… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 months ago
- I haven't seen the bottom of the laundry hamper in so long, I found a pair of maternity pants down there. My younge… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 3 months ago
- RT @FMoniteau: #MarchForOurLives Maybe these kids are the answer to your thoughts and prayers. Enough is enough #GunReformNow #ThoughtsAnd… 3 months ago