One of the many things we love about living in Baltimore is the wide array of sports – everything from Preakness to Orioles magic to professional soccer, even a few runs of the Grand Prix. As I write this, I’m sitting with my boys watching a pre-season Ravens game. Obviously I’m not the football fan in this family. But I’m willing to make the sacrifice of a few hours out of a rainy Saturday evening for J, T and their dad to spend some quality time together. J starts his junior year of high school in a few days and is, each time I see him, that much closer to becoming the man we’d hoped him to be – kind, compassionate, hard working. And to see T emulate him, cheering on the good plays, shouting encouragement on the bad, makesi me proud for the part I’ve had in raising someone who’ll be another strong role model for T. Just one more reason that, for us, sports matter.
- RT @jlofbaltimore: Join us next Sunday, January 14 for all-you-care-to-eat pancakes at Applebees in Towson! Tickets: https://t.co/ek1emOAOb… 1 month ago
- RT @ScaryMommy: "What happened here?" *gestures at every surface in my home* 1 month ago
- Nothing says Merry Christmas like eating filet mignon with a toddler in your lap and mashed potatoes in your hair. #motherhood 2 months ago
- RT @JLBWisePenny: Tomorrow is the BIG day...The Toy Sale Extravaganza! Soooo many toys NIB - American Girl dolls, Dream Collection... https… 3 months ago
- Feeling like the little engine that could today. #justkeepmovingjustkeepmoving 4 months ago