One of the many things we love about living in Baltimore is the wide array of sports – everything from Preakness to Orioles magic to professional soccer, even a few runs of the Grand Prix. As I write this, I’m sitting with my boys watching a pre-season Ravens game. Obviously I’m not the football fan in this family. But I’m willing to make the sacrifice of a few hours out of a rainy Saturday evening for J, T and their dad to spend some quality time together. J starts his junior year of high school in a few days and is, each time I see him, that much closer to becoming the man we’d hoped him to be – kind, compassionate, hard working. And to see T emulate him, cheering on the good plays, shouting encouragement on the bad, makesi me proud for the part I’ve had in raising someone who’ll be another strong role model for T. Just one more reason that, for us, sports matter.
- RT @JLBWisePenny: Tomorrow is the BIG day...The Toy Sale Extravaganza! Soooo many toys NIB - American Girl dolls, Dream Collection... https… 1 month ago
- Feeling like the little engine that could today. #justkeepmovingjustkeepmoving 1 month ago
- baltimoresun.com/news/opinion/o… 1 month ago
- RT @RecNParks: We still have a few more clinics for girls’ #softball this weekend at Robert C. Marshall. Don’t miss out. https://t.co/4VDam… 1 month ago
- RT @cbsbaltimore: Police need your help to find a missing 17-year-old who is non-verbal. RETWEET to help @BaltimorePolice find him https://… 1 month ago
Posts I Like